Register and take advantage of the discounts and advantages of being a Professional of Nautical
Join the more than 500 Nautical Professionals now
WHAT IS RAINMAN
Freshwater where and whenever you want!
The practical, portable desalination unit is available with a petrol engine or electric options and can produce up to 140 liters of freshwater per hour, at much lower costs confronted with the traditional desalination systems.
Simple, practical, and above all PORTABLE, RAINMAN is the perfect solution for those who do not want to renounce having unlimited fresh water and at the same time do not want to carry out invasive works on their boats.
The principal advantage of having a watermaker onboard is to have fresh water at every moment.
RAINMAN gives you also many other benefits first of all it does not require any installation on your boat.
The fact that the system can be transferred very easily, the minor maintenance costs and the high output makes Rainman more advisable than any traditional desalination systems.
HOW IT WORKS
Rainman has two units: the pressure supply unit and the reverse osmosis case.
The first is available with a petrol engine, or electric options; through an intake hose, it sucks seawater and sends it through a high-pressure hose to the second unit.
The reverse osmosis case transforms the seawater in freshwater with different outputs depending on the unit type and through another hose the product water gets into the vessel water tank.
The kit consists of:
● Rainman Electric Desalinator 230V - 50HZ
● Membrane case 140 L / H
● 230V – 50HZ ELECTRIC DESALINATOR
● Ideal for use when you have a Honda 2kW generator or an in-built generator on board.
● Sturdy polyethylene shell.
● Totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) induction motor.
● Power: 1300 watts
● Optimized for Honda 2kW generator or higher.
● Pre-filter and housing externally mounted for ease of service.
● Jabsco impeller pump to lift water and provide positive pressure to the high-pressure pump.
● General Pump WM series 316 stainless steel high-pressure pump, the workhorse of the RO industry.
● General Pump relief valve to prevent overpressurization and allow for pressure washing.
● Sturdy 5 meter draw hose fitted with a one-way valve so it remains primed, with detachable strainer.
● High-pressure stainless steel quick couple outlet for connection RO membrane unit or pressure washer gun.
● Five 5 micron pleated paper pre-filter cartridges included.
● 2.2 lb bag pickling solution powder included.
● Couples with one of our reverse osmosis membranes were ordered separately.
● Can also be coupled with RO membranes from other suppliers.
● Can be coupled with an optional pressure washer gun.
● Dimensions: 600 x 375 x 270mm (23.6 x 14.8 x 10.6″)
● Weight: 24kg (53lb)
TWO 40" REVERSE OSMOSIS MEMBRANES IN A CASE
● Our highest output RO system is compatible with either the petrol (gasoline) or electric pressure supply units.
● One 40" Dow Filmtec RO membrane will produce 50 to 70 liters per hour (13 to 18 gph) with our pressure supply unit, depending on water temperature.
● All saltwater plumbing is 316 stainless steel.
● Quality fluid-filled pressure gauge.
● 316 stainless steel pressure valve for long life.
● Rugged polyethylene case.
● Sturdy handle to ensure ease of carrying.
● 16 ft input hose with quick fit connector for connection to pressure supply unit, won't mark your deck.
● 10 ft food-grade polyurethane fresh water delivery hose.
● 33 ft food-grade polyurethane extension hose for reaching your forward water tank.
● 10 ft brine waste hose.
● Dimensions: Length 46.5", Width 5.1", Height 9.8"
● Weight: 24lb
● This is effectively an elongated version of the 21" Compact RO Case.
● Note: These photographs represent the current version of the product. Photos elsewhere on the website may be of the previous product version.
● New: For customers wishing to install the membrane unit without using the external case, we now offer a "Rainman Naked" option that includes all the internals of this RO option without the case.