Register and take advantage of the discounts and advantages of being a Professional of Nautical
Join the more than 500 Nautical Professionals now
● Remove Propspeed and foul-release coatings hassle free.
● Developed to help Propspeed applicators to prepare metal surface for reapplication, Stripspeed removes foul-release coatings in 30 minutes or less. The thick consistency easily hangs on vertical and overhead surfaces, making it easy to use and there is no mixing required.
● Stripspeed is non-flammable, non-caustic, DCM and NMP free. Unlike grinding or using abrasives, Stripspeed doesn't cause mechanical wear through multiple refits, and doesn't create toxic duts or debris, increasing the lifetime of the metal.
● Timing is subject to atmospheric conditions. Ideal temperature is 15-27ºC (60-80º F)
● Easy to use: Easy to apply, easy to remove. Scrape and then scrub with an abrasive pad.
● Strips swiftly: Stripspeed works within 30 minutos or less, speeding up the Propspeed removal process.
● Apply at any angle: Stripspeed's unique formula can be applied at any angle with sliding off.
● No airborne particles: With no grinding required, there will be no airborne particles, making Propspeed removal harmless.
Tools you need:
|● Safety glasses||● Brushes||● Brass wire brushes only|
|● Full length PVC gloves||● Mixing cups/trays||● Abrasive pads|
|● Face mask||● Drop sheet||● Rags|
|● Overalls||● Putty knives/metal scrapers||● Propcleas wipes|
Stripspeed is applied in 3 easy steps:
1. Surface Preparation
Remove any fouling and hard-shell growth from the metal substrate with a putty knife. Ensure the floor area where you will be working is covered; this will help with easy clean-up and contain any residue.
Shake Stripspeed well before moving on to the next step. You are now ready to get stripping.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure you're wearing correct PPE - safety glasses, full length PVC gloves, face mask and overalls. If good ventilation isn't available, we recommend wearing a solvent respirator.
After shaking, pour Stripspeed into a paint mixing cup or tray for ease of use. Brush a generous layer of Stripspeed (≥ 2 mm) onto the coating for removal. Avoid Stripspeed encountering any area of the hull or anode. If it does make contact, inmediately wipe with a clean cloth, and wash the contact surface with water.
Once applied lave Stripspeed to work for 20-30 minutes*. Over time, there will be a slight colour change, however the product will not look to different.
Before stripping, do a test patch to see if it's ready for removal by scraping a small area with a putty knife. If the coating comes away easily, Stripspeed is ready to be removed. If it's not quite ready, reapply Stripspeed to the test patch.
● Apply Stripspeed generously (≥ 2 mm).
● No deje que Stripspeed se seque. Si se seca, dejará de ser eficaz para eliminar el recubrimiento.
● *Timing is subject to atmospheric conditions. Ideal application temperature is between 15-27ºC (60-80ºF)
Following a sucessful test patch, remove Stripspeed using a metal scraper or putty knife. For any tricky or hard to reach areas, use a brass wire brush or abrasive pad. Once all of the coating has been removed and you're ready to clean up, wash away any residue using water with an abrasive pad or rag.
Once all the clear coat and Etching Primer has been removed, will easily remove any stubborn areas with minimal effort required.
● Use an abrasive pad or brass wire brush in tricky areas, such as the propeller hub.
The provider advises that this product can't be used in transducers, underwater lights, hull, foulfree, lightspeed and powder coat.