Register and take advantage of the discounts and advantages of being a Professional of Nautical
Join the more than 500 Nautical Professionals now
Compact and lightweight
The IC-M85E is the most compact marine and terrestrial mobile (W × H × D: 56 × 92 × 29 mm) and light weight (weight: 246 g (with BP-290, FA-SC58V and MBB-3)) hybrid radio in the world *.
Covering the PMR frequency of 136-174 MHz
In addition to the marine VHF channels, the IC-M85E covers PMR channels of 136-174 MHz. Up to 100 programmable channels are available for the use of PMR. Each channel is programmable with the CTCSS and DTCS tone.
700 mW of high audio power
Despite its compact body, the IC-M85E offers 700 mW of high audio. Clear communications are vital in noisy environments.
The radio has a built-in Voice Scrambler and provides private communication between stations (code 32, compatible with the UT-112 voice coding unit).
Automated emergency alarm
The IC-M85E has three functions related to the emergency: the MOB Alarm, Man Down and Lone Worker functions. If one of these functions is activated, the radio automatically makes an emergency alarm.
Instant operation with multifunction button
Changing the channel group (⇔ marine PMR) or the ON / OFF scrambler function can be assigned to the multi-function button on the top panel. The key lock function can be activated by pressing and holding the button.
● AquaQuake prevents degradation of audio from a speaker with water battery
● Internal VOX capability for hands-free operation
● 14 hours of battery life (TX: RX: Standby = 5: 5: 90)
● Output power of 5 W
● The self-test function checks the internal temperature and the voltage of the connected battery (overvoltage detection)
● Monitor function
● Priority scanning function
● Dual / Tri-watch function to monitor CH16 and / or call channel
● Favorite channel function for quick access to frequently used channels
● Battery BP-290
● BC-227 fast charger
● BC-123S * AC adapter
● FA-SC58V antenna
● MBB-3 belt clip
● Hand strap