Register and take advantage of the discounts and advantages of being a Professional of Nautical
Join the more than 500 Nautical Professionals now
Superior composite thru-hull solution for reduced drag in below waterline applications
For use below the water line TruDesign Skin Fittings are certified by the International Marine Certification Institute (IMCI) & Bureau Veritas to meet; ISO 9093-2 Small craft -- Seacocks and through-hull fittings -- Part 2: Non-metallic.
They also comply with ABYC H-27 when used in conjunction with the TruDesign ABYC collar
Designed and made in New Zealand, the Recessed Skin Fitting body and nut are moulded from glass-reinforced nylon composite. High strength, high-modulus glass fibres provide dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness and dimensional stability. These properties allow a significant weight reduction over metallic fittings.
TruDesign Skin Fittings eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings.
When used in below waterline applications, a Ball Valve should be directly connected for safety and compliance to relevant marine standards
• Manufactured from a glass-reinforced nylon composite - High strength and light weight
• Compatible with most hull types - Can be used on wood or GRP hulls
• Immune to corrosion and electrolysis - Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
• Chemical resistant - Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints
• UV resistant - Will not degrade or discolour with ultraviolet light from the sun
• High quality surface finish - Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do
• Paintable - Can be painted with all types of antifouling